POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: 3DWin 4.3, a 3D file format converter, now with MegaPOV 0.6 support : Re: Announce: 3DWin 4.3, a 3D file format converter, now with MegaPOV 0.6 support Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: 3DWin 4.3, a 3D file format converter, now with MegaPOV 0.6 support
From: Halbert
Date: 7 Oct 2000 21:36:09
Message: <39dfcf89@news.povray.org>
> > LightWave (*.lwo, *.lws)
> > Quake MDL (*.mdl, *.md2)
> >
> I would wish that Pov was here as well.....

Indeed, it would be nice, but how would it be possible to convert things
like planes (and other infinite objects), isosurfaces (coming in 3.5)  into
triangles? Any curved surfaces would be degraded into triangles. How about
textures, lighting? Blobs?

It would be possible to have a utility that could convert mesh and mesh2
objects into other file formats, though. I think it would be a nice feature
if some sort of binary triangle file could be read into POV. Anyone else
tired of dealing with 30Mb include files?

--

http://www.capital.net/~hhawkins